Thursday, October 15, 2009

bola!

So a lot has been happening lately! With only a month left, things are getting pretty busy here. I just got back from visiting one of my home stay families for the last time, and it was a wonderful trip :) Home stays are much more fun when I know some language! We went on a weekend vacation last week to a mountain town nearby and had some cold weather, which is very much appreciated in this constant heat. This weekend I get to go ride some elephants with a national friend, so I'm excited to ride my favorite animal ever, but also to have some good time with my national friend that I haven't gotten to speak to much lately.
To give an update on Loni, she is still reading the Word we've given her and listening to the stories on a CD, and she is very interested. Yarp that Dad can use me a ton in this last month that I'm here, but I also see how he is raising up others to continue with her while I am gone.
My school is having exams for a couple of weeks, so I have to take another two weeks off from the stories I am telling them, but if I work right up till I leave I should be able to finish up the story set I wanted to share with them! I can see the Word working in some of those faces, and it is such a joy to hear them surprised and intrigued by the stories, and to really get involved with the people they portray. There is also a teacher who has become my friend, and I've gotten to go to her house and talk with her, so it is good to be building the relationships outside of the school.
We've had a lot of visitors lately and the house hasn't been very quiet or relaxing for a couple of weeks now. It has been good to help me with language, but I can feel it taking a toll on me for not having any alone time. Yarp that I can find ways to be more creative about getting alone time in with Dad that isn't hurried and is more private.
With all the stories and opportunities going on around me, I can feel the effects of being more active than the enemy desires. I am having a hard time seeing how to get through these last weeks and fell as if a very heavey burden is on me. Yarp that I can see through all of this clearly, and fully do Dad's work in these last few weeks.
I am also sad to say that my computer has broken again and is going on the shelf. I have a lot of papers and email responsibilities especially as my time is getting busier and drawing to a close. My roommates are being very gracious to me to let me use theirs, but it is hard to work my busy schedule into theirs so that I can have sufficient computer time.
Thank you for all your yarps, I know that they will be very helpful, and Dad will use them to do his work here in the next month and beyond.