Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update 2

Na ma skar! Here are some extra highlights from my first two weeks of home-stay. Its been hard, but the people are really awesome and great friends and hosts! There was no electricity in the village, but it was a believing village, so that made things more comfortable!

This is me in a saree, with my neighbor lady and the other neighbor’s son. They’re all related! It took forever to put that thing on – there’s so much fabric! Anyway, the shirts are only half shirts, so I was kind of uncomfortable, but it was really cool! And silky :)


So this is me with dirt on my head! It was a church work day, and they were putting down that dirt floor you see in the pic. All the ladies were doing it like this, and all the men were either digging up the dirt, packing the dirt down, or carrying dirt like the lady behind me. It was super fun!

They blow bubbles with the leaf of a plant! So cool! I wasn’t very good at it…













Haha – the ever-dreaded squattie-pottie! If you will please notice, there is no door.




This is me and Susmita, one awesome girl! She was camera shy, so we compromised J Most of my friends were a lot younger than me, so it was good to have Susmita to help me with a lot of the culture/dress rules. And she was quite sarcastic and a trickster, so we got along fantastically, being like minded and such!


And this what I tried to upload..but it just would not work. This picture below is the same thing only cuter!